You can help ensure that your community has a voice!
The North Quabbin Community Coalition is vital in providing that voice. Your support is critical in maintaining the efforts that have improved the quality of life for North Quabbin residents since 1984. Some of the functions of the North Quabbin Community Coalition include:
- Advocating for resources to benefit the whole community.
- Host agency for the North Quabbin Woods.
- Hosting the North Quabbin Loan Fund Review Committee and providing outreach to small business for the resources they need to create and retain jobs locally.
- Managing a web-based resource guide for local resources.
- Promoting access to quality health care and other critical services locally.
- Implementing a region-wide substance abuse prevention program.
- Coordinating efforts to ensure cost-effective responses to community needs.
- Educating the community around child sexual abuse prevention, violence prevention, and other health and human service issues. Acting as the western Massachusetts hub for the Enough Abuse child sexual abuse prevention initiative.
- Supporting community needs by coordinating a home delivered Thanksgiving meal to over 225 elders and younger homebound people each year.
- Hosting community-wide events to raise awareness of issues that impact the quality of life, like the annual Family Fun Day and Much & Move Family Dinner.
- Working to promote community development for the region.
- Publishing a monthly NQCC newsletter to disseminate needed information across the community and hosting a monthly forum to provide local agencies, municipalities and residents with resources and information.
Thank you for your generous donation to keep the work of the North Quabbin Community Coalition going strong! NQCC is a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization and all contributions and memberships are tax deductible.